GLASS ANTLERS

This is an ongoing collection of videos, moving pictures and moving sounds, and those other sorts of things we find interesting, artistic, and fascinating.

4/16/09

KOFY Dance Party

When Brittany and I were sitting in the hotel on a trip to San Francisco last year, my sister called our room and told us to turn on the TV. Reruns from an early 80s public access show, very simply called "Dance Party," came on and captivated us for about two hours.
Essentially, this subtly-rude-to-everyone host expounds some useless trivia about the next song that's going to come on, and then everyone dances. Where they get these people is beyond me.
I tried to find a clip from a show that wasn't costume-themed, but I think this one gets the general idea across.
And no, you don't have to know how to dance to be on the show.

No comments: